Huda Beauty

When the brand Huda Beauty first landed in Sephora Spain a few months ago, I found myself in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, I'm a beauty addict who has the natural curiosity and need to try everything new. On the other hand, I'm an Israeli and forever will be, no matter where in the world I live. 
But I do believe that every person is entitled to have an opinion, as long as they can remain respectful and open to opinions different than their own. And if you let your personal opinions intervene with your business? Well, that's your problem.
So I eventually decided I won't let history, politics and hatred enter here, my happy place of all things beauty, and approached this brand without any prejudice. 

It was obvious to me that her iconic Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition will be the first thing I'll buy, what I didn't know was that not a lot of time after the new and stunning Desert dusk eye shadow palette will drop. Of course I had to buy her too. And that's why you will get to know both of them in this post. 
I also think It's always interesting to see an evolution of a beauty brand throughout it's products, and in this case the evolution is pretty noticeable.


Lets start with the Textured shadows palette Rose gold edition. 


Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition


This one came out about 2 years ago and had so much hipe at that time. A beautiful combination of 18 colors and textures which allows the possibility to create many interesting eye looks. However, the packaging.. 
A transparent cover with no mirror which gives the impression of a very delicate product, and in addition there were a lot of complaints about the difficulty of using the eye shadows, especially the textured ones.
Now is the time to point out that this palette is not for beginners. The versatility, the color scheme, the different textures which demands an experienced hand, all of this has to be taken into consideration when you're thinking about buying a palette such as this one.


Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition


All and all, this is a nice palette. I found myself creating more looks with the rose tone colors rather than the yellow green ones so it wasn't that diverse for me, but the result was always beautiful, lasted all day and there was zero fallout.




Swatches:

Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition



Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition





The Desert dusk eye shadow palette, just like her older sister, is yet again not for beginners. 

Desert dusk eye shadow palette


It also contains 18 eye shadows, this time with a strong purple tendencies and it's a beautiful palette. The packaging is solid and with a mirror and if I see the Rose gold edition palette as more of a spring - summer compatible, the Desert dusk is definitely more autumn - winter friendly.


Desert dusk eye shadow palette


With this palette I found myself creating much more versatile looks, and that is why if I had to choose only one of them I would choose this one. Somehow the combination of these 18 shadows works better and make me want to be more creative, which for me indicates that this one is a winner. 
In terms of staying power, just like her older sister, the eye shadows last beautifully all day and the fallout is not an issue. 
Except for Cosmo. Which is pure pressed glitter shadow. 

Desert dusk eye shadow palette



Swatches:


Desert dusk eye shadow palette



Desert dusk eye shadow palette



And in case you're interested to know how to handle an eye shadow such as Cosmo, I'm happy to introduce you to the next product, which is the perfect answer to glitter fallout.
The Too Faced glitter glue is pure magic. Just a tiny amount and every glitter eye shadow you put on it will not move. Ever. Or at list until you decide to take it off. 
This is the best solution for that problem and since a little goes a long way, I feel this was a worthy investment.


Glitter glue





Cosmo eye shadow, without and with glitter glue




Here are the 2 beauties side by side, the only repeating color in both palettes is Angelic so if you still want to buy the 2 palettes- they definitely complement each other. 

Up: Desert dusk eye shadow palette
Bottom: Textured shadows palette- Rose gold edition



The iconic liquid lipsticks are what this brand is most known for, so I had to try at least one of them. First I have to point out that there are a lot, a lot, of options (16 to be exact). However, when I stood in front of the stand in Sephora my first impression was that there are many that look alike. 
When you start swatching you do see a slight difference among them, but not enough to justify so many in my opinion. 
At the end I choose the Bombshell duo, a beautiful and flattering pinky nude:

Lip-contour
Bombshell


Lip-contour bombshell



Lip-contour bombshell


Liquid-matte
Bombshell


Lliquid-matte bombshell



Liquid-matte bombshell


I have to say that what surprised me the most here was how easy they both apply. I don't need to put any effort into applying them, the result is beautiful and the sensation on the lips is comfortable and non drying.
The only disappointing side is the staying power, they stain my coffee mug and when it comes to a light meal they completely cave in and disappear. That of course won't stand in my way of buying more of them and already on it's way to me is the gorgeous  contour & strobe set in Trophy wife!



Swatches:


bombshell



And I'll leave you with a video of a comparison between the 2 palettes:


Comments

  1. If you want to add a hint of colour to your cheeks but did not carry a suitable lipstick shade, you can take a pick from your eyeshadow palette and apply it to your cheeks. The formula once again doesn't matter.
    Huda beauty palette in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment