NARS Man Ray holiday 2017 collection- Part 2

So as I promised you in part 1 of this post, I truly couldn't restrain myself with the beautiful Man Ray collection and had to buy more pieces of it. The chosen ones were these 2 beauties:


NARS Man Ray holiday 2017 collection





NARS x Man Ray Love game eyeshadow palette

Love game eyeshadow palette



Love game eyeshadow palette


The Love game eyeshadow palette immediately caught my eye due to it's beautiful colors. The eye looks possibilities it offers are varied and interesting just like I like an eyeshadow palette to be and the packaging is gorgeous.
Unfortunately and like in many other eyeshadow palettes, the matte eyeshadows are a bit hard to work with and I have to make an effort to build the intense pigmentation I'm looking for. But when I do get it, the final look combining the mattes and the shimmers is simply stunning.
The palette was inspired by the vibrant muse of Man Ray, Ady Fidel, the first African American model to be featured in a fashion magazine, and interestingly enough, this palette is exclusively for international retailers, meaning it is not sold in the US- a surprising decision for NARS to make, considering everything is sold in the US. 


Love game eyeshadow palette



Swatches:

Love game eyeshadow palette





NARS x Man Ray The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set

The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set




The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set



When I saw this set it was love at first sight. A golden cosmetic case with 4 full-sized Velvet Matte Lip Pencils? Sold!
There are 2 new, limited-edition shades and 2 existing ones: 

  • Wild Ways- limited-edition, sheer mahogany 
  • Spellbound- limited-edition, sheer shimmering pink-beige
  • Endangered Red- rich Bordeaux
  • Toundra- rust. 

The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set



The colors are indeed beautiful and impressive when you first look at them, however since lately I have gotten used to the consistency and durability of liquid lipstick, I found the Velvet matte lip pencils to be too sheer for me and they don't survive not even a glass of water without fading. 
Would I buy this set again though? Of course. As a makeup collector this is a must for me. Would I recommend it for someone who's not a collector? Definitely not. There are much more successful products in this collection to invest your money in, such as the love triangles.


The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set



Swatches:

The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set




All and all I think that NARS outdid themselves with the Man Ray collection, and I cannot wait to see what they will bring out next!


Comments