My first ColourPop order!

ColourPop is a Los Angeles based company, who since founded on 2014, has been growing steadily and today offers a variety of makeup products.
I find them particularly interesting for 2 main reasons:
The first is their very reasonable prices, it is hard to find a quality eyeshadow palette that only cost 16$, and the second is the fact that they have international shipping, including to Spain, which makes them accessible to me.
So why did it take me so long to make an order from the ColourPop web site, you might ask? Well, when you live right next to the largest Sephora store in Europe, there are always bigger temptations at your reach which take priority over online orders. But one evening at the beginning of February I was watching a YouTube video of one of my favorites Spanish YouTuber who recommended one of the ColourPop eyeshadow palettes and decided to bite the bullet and finally make an order.
10 days have passed from the moment I've placed the order until the note letting me know I can come pick it up from my post office landed in my mail box, and I'm happy to say that everything arrived well packed and intact.
I immediately started testing the products (after taking their pictures for this post, of course), and here are my thoughts.





My ColourPop order!




I have ordered 2 eyeshadow palettes, simply because I couldn't choose between the two and because a price point of 16$ allows you not to choose and buy them both.
My first impression when unboxing them was: "Wow, they are tiny"! However, lately my preference is for smaller size products, I no longer stand huge palettes or oversized products, so it fitted me just fine. The thin packaging is great for travelling and my only complaint is that there is no mirror, but I guess that comes with the low price point. Within every palette there are 12 beautiful pressed eyeshadows and it was love at first sight.


YES, PLEASE!
Pressed Powder Shadow Palette

!YES, PLEASE



!YES, PLEASE


When this palette was launched at the time, it made a lot of noise, because many people found her as a dupe to the Natasha Denona Sunset palette, which costs 129$. The noise made the Yes, Please! palette sold out very quickly. I do not own the Natasha Denona Sunset palette and at the time just followed the reviews and compressions between the 2, but now that I own the Yes, Please! palette I can at least testify that it is a beautiful palette.
The golden yellow and orange colour array is so interesting, and even that complete matte yellow eyeshadow on the bottom left side is useful when you combine it with the other eyeshadows from the palette.


!YES, PLEASE



!YES, PLEASE





I THINK I LOVE YOU
Pressed Powder Shadow Palette
I THINK I LOVE YOU



I THINK I LOVE YOU


If I would have been asked to create my perfect eyeshadow palette, this would pretty much be it. This is simply my kind of palette. Warm brown earthly like tones with the accurate mix of mattes and shimmers. For me this is the basic yet most useful palette which I can use both for day and night eye looks without the need to reach out for any other palette, maybe just add eyeliner and that's it.  
And the packaging? Perfect, perfect, perfect.


I THINK I LOVE YOU



I THINK I LOVE YOU


With both palettes, YES, PLEASE! and I THINK I LOVE YOU,the eyeshadows are so easy to apply, the pigmentation is wonderful and the durability of the eyeshadows on my lids is impressive- they had survived long 10 hours working days, including ones that ended in a sweaty gym workout! 
So now you can easily understand why I'm very tempted to order more ColourPop eyeshadow palettes.. 





LEGIT AF
Super Shock Highlighter Trio

LEGIT AF




LEGIT AF



LEGIT AF


This purchase was rather implosive since I've never heard anything about these highlighters, but decided that for 19$ I will "take the risk". 
The Super shock highlighters are described as having "a bouncy texture that creates the ultimate glow. It's buildable, blendable, and so buttery soft". Well they definitely hold up to this description, and... I don't like them. 
I love my highlighters powerful, meaning with a presence, and I didn't feel that was the case here. The bouncy texture is strange and I had to really work in order to get the glow that I'm looking for. 
For those of you who like a subtle, almost unseen glow though- I believe these highlighters will be a good fit.


Wisp



Spoon



Over the moon





DONE DEAL
Pressed Powder Face Duo
DONE DEAL



DONE DEAL


This Duo includes:
Above & Beyond- matte blush in warm pink
Made Me Do It- pearlized highlighter in champagne pink 

DONE DEAL


I love this duo! Thee two compliment each other and work very well together. 
Above & Beyond is the prefect delicate blush that never looks like "too much" and Made Me Do It is the exact type of highlighter that I like- builtable, powerful and yet can be worn both to work and to a night out. 
The only thing I would change here is the bulky packaging which is completely unnecessary, and the fact that white carton from the outside is never good for makeup products- it gets very dirty very quickly.





No Filter Concealer
MEDIUM 30
Medium with warm undertones

No Filter Concealer


This concealer was so hipped when it came out and was immediately sold out. 
Now, when it comes to concealers I tend to be very skeptical, since I suffer from both very dark circles under my eyes and if that's not enough I also have wrinkles there. 
That means that on the one hand I need a full coverage concealer to cover the dark circles, but on the other hand full coverage means heavy and heavy means it will accentuate every small wrinkle. Tricy. 
Up till now I have found 2 perfect concealers that manage to do this impossible tasks successfully, one is the Naked concealer from Urban Decay and the other is the Boing concealer from Benefit. However I'm always curious to explore more, and although buying base products online is not easy I took the chance and went with number 30.
It turned out to be a perfect match for me and I'm happy to report that the hype was justified and that this is a very good concealer. It's full coverage yet not too heavy, meaning the perfect combination for me!

No Filter Concealer





Lux Lipstick
APPY
Lux Lipstick



Lux Lipstick


Put stars on anything and I'm in. Here they have put stars both on the packaging and embossed on the lipstick itself. Need I say more?
Appy is a matte yet creamy warm pinky beige colour lipstick that fits every makeup look and I do appreciate its durability- without eating it survived for 6 hours and didn't move or faded from my lips, definitely a keeper!



Looking at this order, I think ColourPop is a great brand. They do succeed in offering a variety of products in amazing prices, and I will no doubt order from them again. 

And in case you were curious, here is the video who actually caused this order:

Comments